Saturday, June 21, 2014

Adventure Day at Picasso's Palette

Today was an exploration kind of day since the weather was rainy and did not permit any outdoor events. So I went to a painting place in town called "Picasso's Palette." This local dime has an array of different activities that are great for all ages. They offer actual classes individuals or groups can sign up for, or DIY sort of projects like painting on pottery, glass painting, mosaics, and glass fusing. They also have the cutest bakery inside offering all sorts of special treats for guests that are working on art or just stopping by for a cupcake! I decided that I would focus on painting some pottery since that is what I was most comfortable with and was not there for any of the classes. I picked out three small coasters and was on my way!
I picked out different colors from the tile of colors pictured above and they were brought out. I spent roughly two hours working in solitude on my coasters, which was very soothing because of all of the rain. Naturally, they have to be fired in the kiln before I can pick them up and see the finished masterpiece, but I am excited for what they will look like!


I should be able to pick them up in about a week, but since I will be on vacation it will be two weeks before I get them and am able to post a picture for you all to see the finished product. As you can see, I went with an Aztec theme with the same color scheme on each of the coasters so they flow as a set. I can't wait to go back and paint some more pieces!

If you get the chance, go visit Picasso's Palette and enjoy some creative time! Their website is http://picassospalette.com and their phone number is 352-789-6670.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Theme created by PIXEL HAZE DESIGNS